A FAST GUIDE FOR FASS STUDENTS APPLYING FOR EXCHANGE IN NUS
First things first, no amount of research is ever enough or a waster when it comes to knowing more exchange programmes from NUS, so say hello to your new best friend GOOGLE!
Secondly, let’s get you briefed up on the application workflow! :
QUESTIONS TO ASK BEFORE GOING ON EXCHANGE:
- Am I eligible for exchange?
A minimum CAP of 3.0 is required to be eligible to apply for exchange ; Preferable no module with a grade lower than a C ; NO D in a major module
- Which semesters can I go or not go for exchange?
SEP is not allowed in Honours year
- Can I afford SEP?
Cost of living depends on city, university, location, public transport, access to facilities and so on
- What can I do to increase my chances to go for SEP?
Different majors have different specific requirements but overall, a good personal statement and good grades have a heavy weightage
- How does the credit system work for exchange?
Modules must be mapped from home university to partner university such that credits can be mapped back to your degree. Look for similar classes that you can take in your partner university
- What should I know about the universities that I will be applying to?
You should know about the basic language requirements s some universities expect a certain level of understanding and communication of the native language. Make sure modules you map are taught in English if that is what you’re most comfortable with! You should also know how connected your partner university by bus or train as well. It might be useful to know how to travel from th city you’re situated in to other places close by! Also be aware of safety protocols for the university you’re exchanging with!
Links that will help guide you with useful information :
After considering all of the above and doing all the necessary research, use the points below as a guideline for the expected flow for your SEP application!
1. APPLY ONLINE IN SIS
- Provide a personal statement
- Indicate language proficiency
- Submit complete study plan and LOU
- Indicate ‘NA’ if the section is not applicable to you
2. SELECTED INTERVIEWS OF APPLICANTS BEGIN
3. DOCUMENTS ARE COLLECTED AND SENT TO NUS REGISTAR’S OFFICE
4. ACCEPTANCE OF OFFER AND SUBMISSION OF SEP DOCUMENTS TO THE DEAN’S OFFICE
5. INTERNAL OFFER TO STUDENTS IN SIS
6. DOCUMENTS SENT TO PARTNER UNIVERSITY
7. PROCESSING OF DOCUMENTS BY PARTNER UNIVERSITY
8. ACCEPTANCE PACKAGE SENT TO STUDENT
9. A REALITY CHECK: Spaces are very limited for universities in US, Canada, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Korea, Hong Kong